Squeeze OS with Chromecast

Discussion for non Joggler hardware / software including software for devices that share similarities with the O2 Joggler Hardware. This section has been opened for discussion of things like the settings up the EMGD drivers on other hardware using Ubuntu, as discussion of this has been banned at the official Ubuntu Forums.
Jetpac

Post by Jetpac »

Hi folks..

At the moment I have a Joggler in the living room with the Hifi.
I have also just purchased a chromecast audio.

I have a spare Joggler lying around is there a way that i can have squeeze OS stream stream from the joggler to a chromecast so that i could put the joggler in the kitchen?

Jogglers running latest build of squeeze OS (Onboard)
LMS running on a server elsewhere in the house.
karlek

Post by karlek »

There is a Plugin from philippe_44 called castbridge or so. That will allow to handle Chromecast Audio as Squeezeplayer.
Jetpac

Re: Squeeze OS with Chromecast

Post by Jetpac »

Is that an lms plugin? Would that be controlled with the joggler (without playing through joggler speakers)
castalla

Post by castalla »

Jetpac wrote:Is that an lms plugin? Would that be controlled with the joggler (without playing through joggler speakers)
The Chromecast plugin can be installed on any LMS on your network. The Chromecast appears as a squeezebox player - it can be controlled from the squeezeOS display on the Joggler. Simples.
Jetpac

Post by Jetpac »

castalla wrote:
Jetpac wrote:Is that an lms plugin? Would that be controlled with the joggler (without playing through joggler speakers)
The Chromecast plugin can be installed on any LMS on your network. The Chromecast appears as a squeezebox player - it can be controlled from the squeezeOS display on the Joggler. Simples.
Ace! Thanks very much!
Jetpac

Post by Jetpac »

Right im probably being pretty special but i cant work this out.

I installed the plugin
I selected the chromecast as a player on the joggler.

All good.... Except I'm not getting any sound from the music im playing from the server! If i change the volume i get volume change sounds but no music!

What am i doing wrong?
Jetpac

Post by Jetpac »

Bump, anyone?
castalla

Post by castalla »

Jetpac wrote:Bump, anyone?
Think you should post at : http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthrea ... eeze2cast)

Meanwhile - set the timeout to 600 or more .....
joggly

Post by joggly »

I've mine working perfectly. For ref to anyone in future, my settings are as in attached.
1) Tick on "start the bridge"
2) Select from drop down on Binary. Either of x86 works
3) Click Generate to find your chromecast.

PS: Jetpac's problem is different as he already can see chromecast on player selection.
Attachments
LMS.png